PART-TIME DISHWASHER / POT WASHER
IN HIGH VOLUME INDUSTRIAL KITCHEN
Upscale, Senior Retirement Community in San Rafael has an opening for a part-time, 25+ hours per week, opening for a pot washer / dishwasher in our high volume industrial kitchen at our facility in Marin County.
This position includes Evenings, Weekends & Holidays.
Entry level position: Rate of Pay $13.50/hr
Responsible for performing a variety of physical and manual work involved in the cleaning and storage of kitchen equipment, utensils and dishes and the maintenance of food preparation areas in a clean and sanitary manner.
– Prepares soiled dishes, silverware and similar items for automated cleaning equipment
– Operates automated cleaning equipment; adds cleaning solvents or agents and adjusts settings as required
– Hand-washes items as required, including pots and pans
– Maintains sanitary conditions throughout the kitchen and work areas
– Disposes of trash and rubbish; cleans own work area and any other portions of kitchen as required
– Follows established schedules for special cleaning or pest control
– Stores and cleans china, glasses and other dinnerware and equipment
– Follows sanitation procedures and performs periodic cleaning of china, utensils or other items
– May perform miscellaneous food service tasks such as delivering trays, assisting in the serving of food and similar tasks
– May do some prep cook duties as required
– Performs related work as required and assigned by manager
– Required to wear food service safety gear to include but not limited to; hairnets, sanitary gloves, cut gloves, rubber soled-anti slip protective shoe and safety glasses/goggles.
Patience and understanding of the aged. Physical skills to perform work that requires continual standing, walking and lifting up to 40 pounds.
Previous experience in the kitchen of a commercial institutional food service facility desirable.
Must be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations. Must meet health assessment required by the CA Department of Public Health as well as TB testing and fingerprint clearances required by the CA Department of Justice. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing and possess sufficient communication skills to perform the tasks required. Must be available to work a variety of shifts to include mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
If you’re interested in applying, please fax your resume with the job title “Part-Time Potwasher / Dishwasher in high volume industrial kitchen” in the subject line to (415) 499-1061 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources Department @ 100 Thorndale Drive, San Rafael, CA 94903