Upscale, Senior Retirement Community in San Rafael has a part-time opening for a Busser in our high volume Dining Room at our facility in Marin County.
This position includes evenings, weekends & some holidays.
Assists the dining room food servers. Serves the residents in a friendly, professional and efficient manner to residents.
Schedule varies weekly to include evenings, weekends, and some holidays. 18-22 hours per week. $12.50 per hour.
- Removes dirty dishes from dining room to kitchen.
- Replaces and resets tables as necessary, maintains table appearance, light cleaning.
- Serves water, bread and butter and other condiments to tables as needed.
- Refills buffet items as needed and/or instructed.
- Side work to include, but not limited to napkin folding, condiment refilling, station cleaning, emptying dining room trash containers.
- Closing duties to includes, but not limited to dirty linen removal, light cleaning, assuring stations is set for the next shift.
- Takes direction from Assistant General Manager of Dining services and/or the Dining Room Assistant/Server.
- Attends safety meetings and department in-services
- Work safely to keep self, co-workers and residents safe and injury free. Follow Villa Marin safety policies, to include but not limited to working knowledge of the proper way to report a workplace injury. May serve on Villa Marin health and safety committee. Adheres to Villa Marin corporate safety culture.
- Know, understand, adhere to and carry out policies and procedures of the facility and the Villa Marin Employee Handbook.
- Performs related work as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Tack and courtesy in dealing with residents under sometimes trying condition. Patience and understanding of the aged. Basic reading, writing and English skills to read menus and follow written and verbal instructions.
Must be 16 years or older with a valid work permit as applicable, able to lift up to 25 lbs. and walk and stand for long periods of time.
Must be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations. Must meet health assessment requirements as regulated by the California Department of Social Services, including TB testing and fingerprint clearance required by Community Care Licensing through the State of California Department of Justice background check bureau. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, and/or possess sufficient communication skills to perform the tasks required.
If you are interested in applying, please fax your résumé and cover letter with the job title “Part-Time Busser” on the subject line to HR @ (415) 499-1061 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Human Resources Department at 100 Thorndale Dr.San Rafael,CA 94903.