FULL TIME ENTRY LEVEL MAINTENANCE PERSON AT A SENIOR CITIZEN FACILITY
Senior Retirement Community in San Rafael is seeking a Full-Time, Entry Level Maintenance Person to join our team.
Rate of Pay: $17.00/hr.
Schedule: 40 hours per week/M-F, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Plus Benefits
Performs various maintenance duties on a variety of building and facility equipment, fixtures and systems. Performs a variety of minor building and facility equipment repairs, including painting. Works in coordination and with other maintenance staff technicians. May assist the Director of Facilities and Engineering in the coordination of facilities projects.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance projects for the facility physical plant, residential dwelling units, Administrative area and common areas.
- Performs minor repairs as directed by supervisor
- Computer entry of Invoices and work orders as needed.
- Assists with building painting needs.
- Cleans and organizes various maintenance shops and designated rooms as necessary. Assures that all tools and equipment belonging to Villa Marin are cleaned and accounted for.
- Assists Resident with retrieving and delivering items to Storage cages in the garage etc., and/or the moving of furniture.
- Assists other departments in decoration of common area, moving of furniture, patient falls
and security as assigned or as necessary.
- Performs and assists in special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist in deliveries to resident units when assigned as needed.
- May temporarily cover Front Desk when need arises (short term, e.g. meetings, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned
This position offers a rich employee-benefit package: Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Long Term Disability insurance, 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time & Paid Holidays, and more.
Must be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations. Must meet health assessment required of CA Department of Public Health as well as TB testing and fingerprint clearances required by CA Department of Justice. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, sufficient to perform the tasks required.
We are located in the North Bay – Marin County, city of San Rafael north of the Golden Gate and the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.
High school graduate or equivalent. Some experience in minor home and/or building maintenance. Some experience in industrial facility cleaning and upkeep. Computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook a plus. Ability to work afternoons, evenings and Saturdays. Ability to be on-call as needed. A minimum of one year’s previous experience in handyman and janitorial duties.
Must be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations. Must meet health assessment requirements as regulated by the California Department of Social Services, including TB testing and fingerprint clearance required by Community Care Licensing through the State of California Department of Justice background check bureau. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, and/or possess sufficient communication skills to perform the tasks required.
If you’re interested in applying, please email or fax your resume and cover letter with the job title “Full-Time Entry Level Maintenance Person” in the subject line to (415) 499-1061 or mail to Human Resources Department at 100 Thorndale Drive, San Rafael, CA 94903.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Villa Marin is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Compensation: $17/hr., DOE
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers