Receives and directs visitors, applicants, sales persons, and others to appropriate party. Operates telephone system to receive and direct incoming calls to proper party. Monitors life safety building fire safety computer systems and refers all emergency calls to security and/or Health Center as appropriate.
- Greets all residents, guests and visitors in a professional and friendly manner
- Handles incoming calls, takes and refers messages; operates paging system and radios housekeeping for staff to be admitted to units.
- Accepts packages from UPS/FedEX/USPS. Delivers flowers, perishable packages and/or time sensitive materials to residents in condos as necessary.
- Screens employees/employee entrance and aides on the security system monitors. Answers the entrance gate calls and opens entrance gates.
- Distribute the mail to the agency in-house mailboxes such as but not limited to; Administration Office, Health Care Unit, Food Service Department etc. Forwards out of town mail for residents. Directs inquiries regarding services such as photocopying, faxing, notary services etc. Handles wake up calls.
- Monitors and receives common fire alarms and condo fire alarms via computer and radio communications and calls appropriate staff for response.
- Monitors and logs gifts shop key, lock-out key, gym room key and Director’s office key. Handles the Facility’s lost and found; list items and holds as per policy.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. May require skill to type 40 words per minute. Interpersonal skills to meet and greet facility visitors and residents in a positive manner. Tact and courtesy in dealing with residents under sometimes trying conditions. Patience and understanding of the aged. Good telephone manners and communications skills with the residents, Villa Marin Guests, Staff and Managers. Able to handle busy phone lines.
High school graduate or equivalent. Some public contact experience helpful. Data entry/computer processing may be required.
Must be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations. Must meet health assessment requirements as regulated by the California Department of Social Services, including TB testing and fingerprint clearance required by Community Care Licensing through the State of California Department of Justice background check bureau. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, and/or possess sufficient communication skills to perform the tasks required.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, 32 hour per week position. Weekend work hours will be required, as well as some holidays. Regularly scheduled hours for this role are Thursday- Sunday 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly rate is $13.50 depending on experience plus shift differentials. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability insurance coverages. We also offer an Employee Assistance Program, 401k retirement savings program with employer contribution. In addition we offer paid vacation, paid sick time, paid bereavement leave, jury duty leave and more.
If you’re interested in applying, please fax your resume with the job title in the subject line to (415) 499-1061, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also mail your resume to us at: Human Resources Department, 100 Thorndale Drive, San Rafael, CA 94903.
Note to Sonoma County applicants: For Sonoma County residents living in Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park, Cotati and Petaluma there is convenient transit to San Rafael via the SMART train. Also, we offer free shuttle service between the SMART train station in San Rafael and Villa Marin’s beautiful hillside location.