FULL TIME PREP COOK – HIGH VOLUME INDUSTRIAL KITCHEN
Senior Retirement Community in San Rafael is seeking a Full Time Prep Cook experienced in working in an Industrial Health Care Kitchen. The right candidate for this 40 hours per week position must be available to work a flexible schedule; shifts to include mornings, evenings, weekend and some holidays.
Position includes a rich employee benefits program including major medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, employee assistance program, 401K with employer contribution, paid vacation benefit, paid jury duty and more.
Rate of Pay: $15.00 per hour/ * $500 Sign On Bonus
*Payable after 6 months continuous employment
40 hours per week
Responsible for performing a variety of kitchen and food service duties involving food preparation for agency residents, guests and patients.
- Prepares salads & dressings; prepares desserts and sauces.
- Prepares vegetables and all starches and sauces.
- Assists Head Cook with vegetable production.
- Assists Chef with special catering events.
- Make stocks when necessary.
- Prepares plate garnishes.
- Peels onions and Mirepoix.
- Maintains high standards of safety and sanitation.
- Knowledge of heavy duty kitchen equipment and food preparation and cleaning.
- Ability to read and follow recipes, and to organize and maintain work and storage areas.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work under pressure.
- Patience, tact and understanding of the aged.
- Experience in commercial kitchen.
- Must be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must meet health assessment required by the CA Department of Public Health as well as TB testing and fingerprint clearances required by the CA Department of Justice.
- Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing sufficient to perform the tasks required.
If you’re interested in applying, please fax your resume with the job title “Full Time Prep Cook” in the subject line to (415) 499-1061 or e-mail or mail to: Human Resources Department @ 100 Thorndale Drive, San Rafael, CA
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Villa Marin is an Equal Opportunity Employer