FULL TIME PREP COOK and DISHWASHER – HIGH VOLUME INDUSTRIAL KITCHEN
Senior Retirement Community in San Rafael is seeking a Full Time Prep Cook and Dishwasher. The right candidate for this 40 hours per week position must be available to work a flexible schedule; shifts to include mornings, evenings, weekend and some holidays.
Position includes a rich employee benefits program including major medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, employee assistance program, 401K with employer contribution, paid vacation benefit, paid jury duty and more.
Rate of Pay: $13.50 per hour.
40 hours per week and on-call as needed
Responsible for performing a variety of kitchen and food service duties involving cleaning, dishwashing and food preparation for agency residents, guests and patients.
This position must be able to handle tasks as varied as;
• Food preparation
• Expediting hospital trays and/or dining room orders. room deliveries of food trays.
• Garnishing plates
• Washing or operating automated cleaning equipment. dishwashing. pot washing
• Disposing of trash and rubbish
• Following sanitation procedures and other duties as assigned by Manager.
• Knowledge of kitchen equipment and food preparation and cleaning.
• Ability to read and follow recipes, and to organize and maintain work and storage areas.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work under pressure.
• Patience, tact and understanding of the aged.
• Experience in commercial kitchen.
• Must be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Must meet health assessment required by the CA Department of Public Health as well as TB testing and fingerprint clearances required by the CA Department of Justice.
• Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing sufficient to perform the tasks required.
If you’re interested in applying, please fax your resume with the job title “Full Time Prep Cook and Dishwasher” in the subject line to (415) 499-1061 or e-mail or mail to: Human Resources Department @ 100 Thorndale Drive, San Rafael, CA
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Villa Marin is an Equal Opportunity Employer