We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance and Assistant Facilities Supervisor. The holder of this position performs a variety of work and duties in the maintenance department. S/he assists with the input and upkeep of necessary paperwork, computer data entry and department documentation. In addition, s/he assists the Director of Facilities and Engineering in the coordination of facilities projects and oversees the outside, independent contractors on various projects. The s/he also supervises the department staff in the absence of the department director.
- Participates in contractor selection, monitors contractors, inspects work and generates deficiency lists.
- Oversees building and maintenance projects and project schedules, and assists the Director of Maintenance & Engineering with contractor relationships and facility project budgets.
- Responsible for maintenance database upkeep. Update building, equipment, and maintenance projects and schedules using Company online databases and/or excel worksheets on a timely basis.
- Performs preventative and corrective minor repairs for the building, residential dwelling units, Administrative area, Health Care Center and common areas.
- Assists with maintaining records of contracted preventative maintenance on all physical building systems, creates and maintains facility equipment repair manuals and maintains department files on each resident request and corresponding condominium.
- Reviews and coordinates work assignments; plans work to be performed and obtain necessary tools, equipment and materials. Completes assignments and paperwork in a timely manner. Responsible for maintaining the “work requests” files.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills in dealing courteously and promptly with residents under sometimes trying conditions. Patience and understanding of the elderly. Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical and carpentry techniques and procedures. . Working knowledge of practices, tools, equipment, methods and materials used in maintenance. Strong computer skills to include but not limited to; Word, Outlook and Excel. Proven ability to supervise company contractors. Physical skill to lift objects weighing up to fifty pounds on a regular basis such as moving furniture and equipment. Familiarity with Title 22 requirements and maintenance/life safety procedures and methods. Knowledge and understanding of and ability to comply with work safety practices plus the guidelines relating to industrial chemicals. Knowledge and understanding of Material Safety Data Sheets.
High school graduate or equivalent. At least two years working in a maintenance capacity or in a maintenance department for a large facility and/or residential properties.
Must meet health assessment requirements as regulated by the California Department of Social Services, including TB testing and fingerprint clearance required by Community Care Licensing through the State of California Department of Justice background check bureau. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, and/or possess sufficient communication skills to perform the tasks required.
This is a full-time, exempt, 40 hour per week position. Some evening and weekend work hours will be required on an as needed basis. Regularly scheduled hours for this role are Monday- Friday 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM (to vary as needed).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual salary range is $58,000 to $62,000 depending on experience. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability insurance coverages. We also offer an Employee Assistance Program, 401k retirement savings program with employer contribution. In addition we offer paid vacation, paid sick time, paid bereavement leave, jury duty leave and more.