MDS COORDINATOR/CASE MANAGER
A not-for-profit Senior Citizens’ Retirement Community comprised of 224 condominiums and a 59 bed medical unit in San Rafael is seeking a MDS Coordinator/Case Manager for our SNF/RCFE healthcare unit.
Compensation: Exempt Position/DOE
This position offers a rich employee-benefit package: Medical and Dental Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K with employer contribution, Employee Assistance program, paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holiday program, paid birthday, paid anniversary, paid Jury Duty and more.
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinates and conducts the development and completion of the resident assessment in accordance with the California Nursing Practice Act, Title XXII and OBRA regulations, the policies and goals of the facility, under Medicare guidelines. Assists and supports the DON and assumes the duties of the DON in his/her absence.
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, Day Shift
- Act as Chairperson of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan Team.
- Conduct and coordinate the development and completion of the resident assessment Minimum Data Set (MDS) in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern the resident assessment, using the Resident Assessment Instrument, including the Care Area Assessment (CAA) and care planning.
- Participate in facility surveys made by authorized government agencies.
- Ensure that all assessments are completed and transmitted in as required.
- Maintain confidentiality on resident’s protected health information. Promptly report suspected or known violation(s) to HC Administrator.
- Schedule the resident assessment/care plan meetings at the appropriate times.
- Coordinate and maintain a written plan of care for each resident to identify the
problems and/or needs of the resident, indicates the care to be given, goals to be accomplished, and discipline responsible for each element of care.
- Ensure all personnel providing care know and follow the resident’s care plan when administering daily care to the resident. Assure that charting is done accordingly.
- Coordinate the review and revision of the resident’s care plan at least quarterly and with any significant change of condition.
- Takes administrative call every third weekend for the Health Center.
- Keeps up-to date on equipment and technology being used in the department to ensure safe use.
Minimum of Bachelors Degree. Graduate of a recognized School of Nursing with a valid California nursing license. Must have thorough knowledge of Title 22, federal OBRA regulations and RCFE regulations.
Demonstrates successful administration of MDS program. Previous work experience in a long-term care setting preferred. Supervisory experience and strong organizational skills. Demonstrates a broad base knowledge of nursing and assessment skills, documentation skills and leadership qualities. Desire to work with geriatric patients.
Demonstrates ability in interpersonal skills with residents, staff, family members and other health professionals. Has the ability to listen, mediate and resolve staff grievances and deal with patient/residents’ concerns. Has proven ability to deal with conflict and difficult situations with skill and sensitivity
Must be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations. Must meet health assessment required by the CA Department of Public Health as well as TB testing and fingerprint clearances required by the CA Department of Justice. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbal and written, and have some word processing skills sufficient to perform the tasks required.
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding opportunity, please email or fax your resume to (415) 499-1066 with ” MDS Coordinator ” in the subject line, or mail to: Human Resources Department, 100 Thorndale Drive, San Rafael, CA 94903
Principles only. Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.