On-Site Medical Care
At Villa Marin, we provide an on-site medical facility that is staffed 24 hours a day, with physicians who are always on call. We offer our residents both assisted living and skilled nursing, the latter of which is five-star rated by Medicare.
Assisted Living is available for someone who needs help with bathing, dressing, medication management, etc., but who is mostly independent. Skilled Nursing is available for the individual needing assisted living and a higher level of medical care. These services are available for short-term recovery, long-term care, or permanent residence in the health center.
A few features of our on-site medical care:
- We work with Medicare, Kaiser, and other HMO plans.
- Physicians hold regular office hours in our health center’s clinic, and are always on call.
- Credentialed nurses are on duty 24 hours a day.
- A 28-bed assisted-living unit and 31-bed skilled nursing facility are available in the health center for temporary or extended care.
- Referrals to a specialist, to a hospital, or for physical therapy are available, along with on-site physical and speech therapy.
Your long-term care options
Under the current medical contract, each resident is eligible for a certain number of cumulative, no-cost days for room and board in the health center. These days are available for any combination of skilled nursing or assisted living. The lifetime number of no-cost days begins at 180 days for a residents 74 or younger. This number is reduced by 10 days for each year a new resident closes escrow after age of 74 to a minimum of 20 days (90+ in age). After the no-cost days are exhausted, the resident pays a monthly fee to live in the health center. Under the present medical contract the fee is $152.50 per day in either unit. Note: The fee is $305 per day in either unit if the resident has a medical exclusion.