Upscale, not-for-profit, Senior Citizens Retirement Community in Marin County, is accepting applications for a Full-Time / 80% FTE, 32 hours per week, RN Charge Nurse and Director of Staff Development position.
The right candidate must hold a current California Nursing License and qualified to practice in the State of California. Also must be DSD certified and with a minimum of 1 year experience in a Long Term Care Facility. Knowledge of CA title 22 as well as OBRA Skilled Nursing Facility regulation are preferred. Experience with elderly required.
SCHEDULE: 80% Full Time/Exempt, 32 Hours per Week, includes weekends
This position offers a rich employee-benefit package: Medical and Dental Insurance, Long term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K with employer contribution, Employee Assistance program, paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holiday program, paid Birthday program, paid Jury Duty and more.
- Develops & conducts special Health Center educational programs for licensed personnel, housekeeping, maintenance & others as needed.
- Annually performs competency testing for all C.N.A.’s.
- Ensures that C.N.A.’s title 22 Course Requirements are carried out annually.
- Carries out a minimum of 6 special programs beyond Title 22 Requirements per year.
- Develops & conducts in-service that relates to the QI Report via MDS.
- Reports to State any communicable diseases. Submits routine written reports to State.
- Maintains, reviews & reports statistics on the number, types, sources & locations of infections within the facility & reports findings at quarterly QA meetings.
- Full Patient Care Duties.
- Evaluates resident’s needs, condition and care.
- Administers medication, both oral & injectable.
- Perform treatments & procedures according to Nursing Procedure Manual.
- Receives & carries out physician’s orders accurately.
- Trains & orients new staff.
- Conducts monthly OIG review
- Conducts Elder Abuse Reporting Training for all new hires
- Communicates with physician regarding resident’s condition.
- Communicates with residents & families regarding care needs responsible for reporting & recording symptoms, reactions & progress.
- Supervises certified nursing assistants to assure that quality care is given to each resident.
- Formulates & maintains resident care plans.
- Participates in weekly care plan meeting.
- Keeps Director of Nursing and Health Administrator informed regarding the physical status of residents.
- Oversees infection control and plans and teaches in-service programs.
Our facility is a 224 unit condominium CCRC for Seniors with a 59 bed Medical Unit. We are Medicare certified and have a five-star rating.
Must be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations. Must meet health assessment required by the CA Department of Public Health as well as TB testing and fingerprint clearances required by the CA Department of Justice. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing and have some word processing skills sufficient to perform the tasks required.
If interest in this rare opportunity, please email or fax your résumé with the job title ” Full-time /FTE 80%, 32 hours per week Director of Staff Development and Charge Nurse” to (415) 499-1061 , or Mail to: Human Resources Department @ 100 Thorndale Drive, San Rafael, CA 94903.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.