PART-TIME FOOD SERVER/HANDLER
20 – 25 hours per week.
Senior Citizens Retirement Community in the city of San Rafael, CA North Bay – Marin County, currently has an employment opportunity for a qualified individual to fill our permanent Part-Time, Food Server-Food Handler, 20 – 25 hours per week position in our Senior Citizens’ Dining Room.
Schedule varies, 20 – 25 hours per week including Evenings, Weekends, and some Holidays.
ENTRY LEVEL POSITION.
Rate of pay $13.50 per hour + Shift Differentials. Complimentary meal included on each shift.
NOTE: NON-TIP ENVIRONMENT AND NON-BENEFITED POSITION.
If you are looking for a wait-staff position in a restaurant that includes tips as part of the compensation package, this is not the job posting you should be responding to. We are a Senior Citizens’ care facility and this food handler/server position is in the Senior Residents’ Dining room.
Must be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations. Must meet health assessment required of CA Department of Public Health as well as TB testing and fingerprint clearances required by CA Department of Justice. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing skill sufficient to perform the tasks required.
We are located in the North Bay – Marin County, city of San Rafael, north of the Golden Gate and the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.
1. Takes Senior resident food requests.
2. Relays food requests to kitchen staff, presents plates to Senior Residents.
3. Clears Senior residents’ dining tables, resets tables.
4. Assists the Dining Room Director with the smooth operation of the Seniors Resident Dining Room.
5. Must be able to lift 25 pounds and walk or stand for long periods of time
1. High school graduate/GED or equivalent
2. Customer service experience.
3. Previous experience with Senior Citizens is a plus.
If you’re interested in applying, please fax your resume with the job title “Part-Time Food Server” in the subject line to (415) 499-1061, e-mail to email@example.com, or mail your resume to: Human Resources Department @ 100 Thorndale Drive, San Rafael, CA 94903